[13 Oct 2014] We made an appointment with Dr Tan back in August, but her earliest availability for new patients is 2 months later. Although it's a Monday afternoon, there are couples lined up before and after us. The TCM clinic is housed inside a reasonably sized medical hall. I would say that it looks reputable and did not give me a dodgy feel.
During the consultation, Dr Tan asked a series of questions to both of us, covering general wellness (do you feel bloated) and previous fertility treatments. She asked for our medical reports, which was surprising, because I thought TCM and western don't mix.
Dr Tan advised me to track my temperature daily, and prescribed 6 sets of herbs each to be consumed 2 days, every 5/6 days. As the husband and I were of the "heaty nature", we were asked to avoid heaty foods.
When I mentioned to her that my Gynae would perform IUI this cycle, she did not cringe or pass judgement, but highlighted that her prescription was fine to be consumed even with IUI. I don't think my Gynae will think the same if I tell her about my visit to the TCM doctor.
The consultation was $32 per person, and the medicine was about $100 for 6 packets (1 cycle worth). The receptionist was very helpful in explaining how to prepare the medicine (see other post).
Our next appointment is scheduled 1 month later (based on my cycle). Although her schedule is packed, Dr Tan is able to accommodate patients in the evenings i.e. 6pm and beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment